Read CBD Product Reviews on this item by clicking on the stars below
Reef Safe Sunscreen with 200mg CBD
How to Choose a Reef Safe Sunscreen
Make sure to always use Mountain Mud Reef Safe CBD Sunscreen because ALL WATER flows back to the ocean!
- Oxybenzone (benzophenone-3) – Sunscreen with several suspected human health effects.
- Butylparaben – Preservative with several suspected human health effects.
- Octinoxate (Ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate) – Sunscreen with several suspected human health effects.
- 4-methylbenzylidene camphor (4MBC) – Sunscreen with several suspected human health effects. Allowed in Europe and Canada, not in USA or Japan.
Mountain Mud reef safe CBD sunscreen does not use any of these damaging ingredients in our sunscreens so they are safe for coral reefs and you.
- Coral Reef Research & News -
Each year between 4000-6000 metric tons (4400-6600 US tons) of sunscreen washes off swimmers and snorkelers into coral reef environments. Four common sunscreen ingredients were shown to cause complete coral bleaching at very low concentrations.
Coconut oil is known for its antioxidant properties. Is used to treat various skin ailments such as eczema, dermatitis and psoriasis. Coconut oil can help to restore the skin’s natural PH levels thus leaving it silky and smooth.
Unrefined coconut oil is the crude coconut oil that has been obtained directly from the expeller. Unrefined coconut oil has a natural taste, flavor and scent. It is unrefined, unfiltered and without any additives. It is more nutritious than the refined variety, being unprocessed and subjected to no detrimental heat. It is richer in proteins, (this is almost totally absent in refined oil), vitamins, and antioxidants.